The focal point of an exhibition
You may be exhibiting at an event for unique reasons. It may be:
• Market research
• Product launch
• Testing the market of readiness for a new technology (especially if investment to develop it are on the higher side)
• Expanding services to new territories
• A re-branding of corporate image or something else.
The exhibition can give you the right signals as to how to channel your time and money in future. Visitor reaction to the stand is a barometer of sorts. You have to decide the focal point of the exhibition stand long before the event actually happens. As a company it is natural that you may have different products and services that may appeal to a certain target segment. Exhibiting too many of them in the exhibition stand may have an adverse effect which stems from the dispersal of viewer’s attention, the result being that none of the products or services registers an imprint on memory. This is disaster, after all that time, money and effort – you draw a blank.
So, be clear about what you are going exhibit. Arriving at a decision may go through couple of phases.
- Ask your marketing research team to give few suggestions.
- Arrive at a consensus with the sales and product planning teams if these are conducive.
- Make a short list with the inputs from different teams.
- Review it against the backdrop of the event’s history, if any and the perceived visitors profile as suggested by the event organiser.
- Deliberate with top management on the final approvals.
- Explain your need to the exhibition stand designer and get their suggestion.
- The local contractor can also guide you to better the effectiveness.
Remember, you have only about 3-5 seconds to make the impact and grab the visitor’s attention. If the concept of what you want to focus on is clear, the visualization of better stand becomes easier for the exhibition stand designer and the execution can deliver brilliant exhibiting stand that is able to attract the visitors to view and explore. For a city like Dubai, exhibition and trade vie for space and time. The visitors too have very little time to spare but there a whole lot of genuine queries.
Another thing to keep in mind is that once you are able to grab the visitor’s undivided attention at your exhibition stand, be sure that he/she is able to understand what it is you are telling/showing them and that the communication be such that they decide to want to know more. Make it easy for them with clear, concise messaging without too much of beating around the bush and paraphernalia.
In today’s leaner, meaner world of business exhibitions, every action counts and every decision has multi pronged effects. So, make a sound and visionary decision on what to exhibit and beat competition by making more inroads to the customer/client psyche with a good, effective and attractive exhibit.
Are you ready for the next event?
Strokes Exhibits is a live Exhibition Design & Fabrication Company that delivers stunning Exhibition Stands from the intimate to the spectacular. Our passion, creativity and attention to detail ensure that our Exhibition stands engage, touch and inspire the event audience. Through meticulous planning and flawless delivery standards we deliver seamless Exhibition Stands Installation that enable clients to create ‘wow’ live communications.