How to Prepare your Exhibition Stand Staff
Working an exhibition stand is hard work and very demanding. It’s essential that the exhibition stand staff are motivated, fresh and professional at all times.
How do you prepare your exhibition stand staff?
1. Deciding how many stand staff you need
2. Conducting a pre-show briefing
3. Telling them what you expect from them
Here we look at:
Deciding how many staff you need
Deciding on how many staff you need for your exhibition stand depends on the size of stand and the available free floor space. It also depends on your exhibiting objectives. As a general rule you should have a minimum of 2 staff to allow each other time off the stand for breaks.
It’s much better to have 3 exhibition stand staff so that there are 2 people on the stand at all times.
- Don’t flood the stand with staff so that there is no room for visitors or indeed to frighten visitors off
- Trying to plan your space allowing approx 2.5 square metres per person
- How much available floor space you will have once the exhibition stand is up and you have placed your products
- Leaving room for visitors and keeping the stand looking open and inviting
- How many enquiries you need to reach your exhibiting objectives and how long you will spend with each visitor
- Managing the staff break rota so that busy times have enough stand staff
- How you will ‘work’ the exhibition stand and interact with the visitors – you may choose to have one person demonstrating product and others flanking to catch visitors or stand staff engaging visitors and handing over qualified prospects to more experienced staff.
Do not line your stand staff up in front of your exhibition stand – this creates a barrier through which visitors can not pass and sends out ‘AVOID’ signals!
Strokes Exhibits is a live Exhibition Design & Fabrication Company that delivers stunning Exhibition Stands from the intimate to the spectacular. Our passion, creativity and attention to detail ensure that our Exhibition stands engage, touch and inspire the event audience. Through meticulous planning and flawless delivery standards we deliver seamless Exhibition Stands that enable clients to create ‘wow’ live communications.